Wednesday, March 18, 2015

North West Frontier: First British officers and some Port




Well, inspired by the recent new releases for Artizan's North West Frontier range I have finished the first figures for my British force.  The officer on the left comes from North Star's delightfully eccentric tea time range.  With his properly extended little finger he makes a nice contrast with the grizzled chap on the right, from the main command pack.  More on them on my Subcontinent blog.




Eric had to postpone his latest Shed Wars this week which meant I could escape and have an illicit free evening, which I did with my friend A.  Wondering what to take her in exchange for dinner (which I ended up cooking - so wondering what to take her in exchange for ingredients would be more accurate) I found a small (50cl) bottle of Tawny Port at the bottom of my wine rack.  We had been discussing Port during our last breakfast and as I'm not really meant to drink that much of it I thought having someone to share it with would be a good idea.   More about this on my food blog, naturally.

10 comments:

  1. Very nice! Love those figures...in fact, the whole range is excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My port intake is largely limited to a bottle or two at Christmas. Did you know that Mentzendorff, agents for several port houses, are releasing a special "Waterloo" port this year?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking figures from a nice range. Hmm, port, I may have to try that someday; so far my wine consumption is limited to Sangria and Moscato in 5 liter boxes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you enjoy a sweeter alcoholic drink then you might like Port. It does give you terrible headaches if you drink too much though!

      Delete
  4. Is it me or has your painting improved? I'm rather enjoying your new interrelated blog posts format.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very nice of you to say so! I think that the more I concentrate on individual skirmish type characters the more time I take on them, perhaps. Thanks also for your words on the interrelated blogs. Some people have said I should put everything on one blog but apart from the fact that it is now too late for that I prefer to have some more focussed blogs as well as this general one...

      Delete
  5. I am pleased you were able to conjure up another engagement...

    I have several bottles of port laid down in the 80's - sadly I think the stuff is rather ghastly so will no doubt have to give it away when the appropriate time comes...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fine looking chaps... Tawny port - delightful!

    ReplyDelete