Thursday, September 07, 2017

I am back blogging!




For various reasons which I will go into at inordinate length on another occasion, I have had no hobby time over the last three months and, therefore, it seemed pointless to do any posts.  I did do a review of Dan Mersey's new Wargmes Guide to the Anglo-Zulu War and now you have an exciting Vuelta a España themed Spanish recipe to enjoy today too, on my food blog.


Follidge!


I had one hobby triumph in that I bought a hot glue gun (thanks for all the encouragement, tips and warning from my Facebook friends) and stuck an aquarium plant to a base. I felt very clever and now have more bases painted and ready to be covered in 'follidge', as the Terrain Tutor calls it.  This has really caught on in our house and even the Old Bat is referring to the 'follidge' in the garden.  I went to Staines at the weekend and bought some lichen and clump follidge in Hobby Craft.  I haven't bought any lichen since about 1972 and was very excited by the chance to buy actual  clump follidge (which sounds like a character in an English Civil War novel) as recommended by the Terrain Tutor (yeah?)


Very good at golf!


I hope I might actually get some time to do some more follidge on Saturday, although I have to take my daughter to and from Kingston to meet her friends for lunch (unlike Guy, she has not learned to drive yet).  The Old Bat ran into the mother of one of Charlotte's friends from junior school at the weekend.  I was asked to conduct a drawing class for them once at the school when they were all about  ten and remember this girl from that.




Then they emigrated to Florida where the girl took up golf and became State champion.  They have now moved back to the UK.  "You can look her up on the internet, her mother told the Old Bat, proudly.  "search her name and then add 'golf'.

"Goodness me, she has grown up!" said the Old Bat.  I thought of that song from Gigi and felt very old.  I wonder whether she would like another drawing lesson?

8 comments:

  1. Huzzah!

    And looking forward to the forthcoming "inordinate length".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back...now you just need to find the time for a game!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog posts have been missed - good to have you back :)

    I must admit that I did stop partway through this post to look at your recipe - might have to give that a go sometime.

    I see you've caught on to the "follidge" - will "litchen..liken?" be next? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I admit to still not being sure on the pronunciation of lichen but foliage never foxed me!

      Delete
  4. Welcomer back, love the golfing photo - what is her name? I'm afraid i can only watch the Terrain Tutor with the sound turned down! If your hobby time was limited maybe you missed my latest Hussarette post http://notjustoldschool.blogspot.co.uk/2017/08/a-bevvy-of-hussarettes.html
    Chris

    ReplyDelete