Sunday, April 12, 2015

Paint Table Tidied



Well, I know it doesn't look very tidy but believe me this is as tidy as it gets!  I had a good go at the paint table and put away all the figures I am not actively working on.  So this leaves North West Frontier, Neanderthals, Carolingians, some IHMN, some pirates and some nineteen twenties pulp figures. Positively pin-point focus for me!  I just picked up the second season of Black Sails in Sainsbury's this morning so I will certainly get enthused on my pirates again! 




This week I did some more on the Carolingians and Neanderthals and finished five more British for the 2nd Afghan War.  So now I have finished 11 of my initial purchase of 17 figures from the Artizan Designs initial release.  I will try to get the next six done in the next two weeks so I can justify picking up some more st Salute.




I'v also started work on a couple of other Lucid Eye figures for their Savage Core range.  There may buy some more of these at Salute in a couple of weeks as the range is growing and now a set of rules has been announced.  SO far each faction is a leader and six figures, which is manageable for me. The rules and figures are for a Pellucidar-type subterranean world which would work equally well for a Lost World on top of a plateau.  If I did the former I would have an excuse to paint my burrowing machine which you can just glimpse at the top of the picture of the paint table, above.


Iron Duke Indian Mutiny


Now although I told myself that I would not be starting any more ranges I have just discovered First Corps Mexican-American War range and their figures look very nice indeed.  I am trying to buy some which I can pick up at Salute but although they tell you to pre-order for shows, the website gives no details as to how to actually do this.  An email got a quick reply but my reply with my order has been unanswered.  I am trying to give you money, chaps!  Another intriguing announcement has been Iron Duke Miniatures new Indian Mutiny range through Empress.  These look wonderful and although I have quite a few of Mutineer Miniatures figures I am very interested in these.  I'm sure they won't be compatible with the chunky Mutineer figures but they are promising a very comprehensive, campaign specific range. 

I did have to tidy my room a bit this week (hence the workbench sort-out) as I had some new work colleagues over to install some software on my computer, so at least I can walk around the room again without tripping over stuff.  I still haven't found the missing lens from my "best" glasses though, annoyingly.  It is in here somewhere!  I've been going up to London rather more than usual lately and revisited my City office (otherwise known as the Tapas Bar) for the first time in some months.  Unfortunately, my trip to Turkey has been confirmed (I thought if I kept my head down it might disappear) but no.  Even worse I have to take the 7.05am flight from Heathrow.  Argh!  That means leaving home at 4.00am!  

6 comments:

  1. So many excellent ranges coming out at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting, i would say your table is as tidy as mine. I am also interested in the lucid eye and Iron duke ranges. I wonder how the lucid eye match with the Copplestone?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They work perfectly together and I am really fussy about mixing different ranges.

      Delete
  3. 11 out of 17 you are a painting whirlwind these days you must pleased. This luicd eye hollow earth not to mention your excellent digger machine sounds very interesting. Condolences on the Turkey trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Turkey - will you be there as part of the Gallipoli commemorations?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm there the following week, talking about funding hospital projects!

      Delete