Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Lost World Monster Hunters!



I finished another two figures today to complete my initial Lost World force.  From left to right we have Zambo, Edward Malone, Professor Challenger, Professor Summerlee and Lord John Roxton.  They are a mixture of Foundry Darkest Africa and Copplestone Castings High Adventure series.   Challenger was the one I was struggling with but I found I had a spare Foundry John Hanning Speke figure which had an appropriately large beard so after a bit of surgery and the addition of a Greenstuff jacket I had something usable and a little different from the original figure.




Now I may add a defiantly non-literary woman to the plateau-ascending group as a nod to all their cinematic incarnations.  However, finding a good adventuress for 1912 will be tricky.  By 1912 corsets were still worn (they would survive until just after WW1) giving a slimline look with long straight skirts and loose blouses.  Most of the female 28mm figures are either mid-Victorian (crinolines and full skirts), late Victorian, (small bustles, fitted bodices) or nineteen twenties and thirties (mid-calf skirts or jodphurs - first worn by women following Coco Chanel in 1921).  More research needed! 

10 comments:

  1. And, by research, I take it you mean "perusal of pre-WWI cheesecake"?

    FMB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking party - even with shades of Attenborough from JP...

    Love the backdrop, have you photographed the minis in front of a picture, or photoshoped it in afterwards?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a photo backdrop. I have Photoshop but have no idea how to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking group, beautiful paintwork!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful! As you know dinosaur hunting can be considered one of my favourite distractions and these are tremendous! My abject apologies for not discovering this little gem earlier, I had been lurking around one of your other fine weblogs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL, yeah me too, I photoshoped a background in behind a miniature once... it took me all night to do... don't think I'll be doing that again...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sharp looking band of adventurers. Good luck with you research.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bravo! I hope one or more of these brave adventurers qualify to become members of "The International League of Esteemed Leviathan Hunters"!

    http://pauljamesog.blogspot.com.au/2007/02/international-league-of-esteemed.html

    Yours in a White Wine Sauce
    Paul

    ReplyDelete