Monday, April 01, 2013

Medea




I have had a pretty successful long weekend's painting, having finished the Darkest Africa askaris on Saturday. I got back to it yesterday afternoon and today and have a few more figures close to completion. Today, however, I completed the Wargames Foundry Medea for my Argonauts project which I hadn't even undercoated until Friday. 




I had got a rare pot of acrylic (how do people paint with this stuff? It's awful!) out to paint Marcus Aurelius' cloak so decided to give Medea a purple cloak too. She doesn't appear to be wearing anything else except some jewellery but then she is the world's first femme fatale I suppose.  The flash photos don't really do the nice Citadel purple justice but maybe I'll have another go at a photograph in the daylight tomorrow.  

I have another lady nearly finished for the Back of Beyond, five more Argonauts and the first two figures for  my new second century Roman army.  I've already ordered another  load of these from Aventine as they are so nice.  Hopefully, I can get all these done tomorrow which gives me a good start for April.  I got 27 figures done in March which means that in the first quarter of the year I have painted more than half the number I did in the whole of 2012!



8 comments:

  1. Congrats on the painting...your lady looks preety cool, I would fall easy prey! Acrylics are the best paints once you get used to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I wasn't aware of the extent of, or more appropriately - lack of, clothing on this figure. Beautifully painted, I might add. Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice, who wouldn't enjoy painting up a figure like that! ;-)
    Very nice... purple! I wasn't distracted at all...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job on Medea. I have this fig, but have not yet finished painting it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic painting on a lovely figure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Purple does look nice. Are the Argoes strictly a painting project, or will you game with them?

    ReplyDelete
  7. No definitely planning some games. I have the Foundry Tribes of Legend rules (not very good)and there is a new set from Crooked Dice coming out soon too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great looking figure, colors are beautiful!
    Phil.

    ReplyDelete