Sunday, June 11, 2006

What next?

Having finished the Turcomen I have to decide what to paint next. Time for another review of the workbench:
I still have 5 Perry pilgrims I didn't finish to contribute to someone else's army at the refight of Dorylaeum. I did 7 but ran out of time. I think these will definitely go on the back burner.
Next I have 10 or so Perry 1815 French based up. I have nearly finished one figure and would like to finish a couple of companies. I am reckoning on 6 to a company, based on Charles Grant's rules Napoleonic Wargaming. I think the new Battle Games magazine is bringing out "Old School" tendencies! I also have 1 Perry Dutch Jager nearly finished too. Ideally I'd like to get a few units done to refight some portions of Quatre Bras.
Next back are some A&A 3rd Century Roman archers. I've already finished a unit of infantry and a general and these look pretty fast to paint .
Then I have some Dark Ages figures: some Artizan Vikings and Carolingians. Some of these are well on the way so could join the half finished unit of Vikings on my shelf.
For my Byzantine army I have made some progress on the first unit of infantry. I also picked up some Crusader archers off eBay but they are very small next to the Gripping Beast ones. Don't think I will buy any more. I also have some GB Varangians undercoated. See my Byzantine Army Blog: http://byzantinewab.blogspot.com/
I am also painting a unit of Warhammer Dwarves, having been tempted into buying the army deal before Christmas. Two figures done so far. Very easy to paint.
Further back I have more Perry Sudan to do. Again these are quick to paint and I will get on with them as I bought some more at Salute in April.
There are also some GW Lord of the Rings figures underway, some Dwarf command and some Rangers of the North.
Lastly, there are some odds and ends I have begun to see how they go: like some Conquest French Indian Wars figures and some Artizan British Airborne.
Decisions Decisions!

No comments:

Post a Comment