Thursday, September 17, 2009

Indian Mutiny

Oh no! More Highlanders!

I was intrigued by the annoncement of the new firm Mutineer Miniatures on TMP the other day. http://www.mutineerminiatures.com/ The good (or bad) news is that they intend to launch a lot of packs (they now have 30 listed on their site) at once. Of course, the last thing I need is yet another army to start but I have been interested in wargames set in India for some time, partly as I usually travel to India once a year on business and the relics of the Raj are still much in evidence in Indian cities. The Indian Mutiny was, in reality, a particularly nasty conflict involving atrocities on both sides but the uniforms, of course, were gorgeous.

My knowledge of the period is almost entirely based on reading George MacDonald Fraser's Flashman and the Great Game so today I picked up The Indian Mutiny by Saul David on the basis that I enjoyed his book about the Zulu War (even if Ian Knight didn't!).

So I intend to start reading it when Mike Owen's figures make an appearance! Can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. A range I'm really looking forward to myself, although I need to get into another wargames army like I need to come down with a case of swine 'flu.

    It will indeed be interesting to see how they compare with the old Foundry range. A lot taller, no doubt.

    ReplyDelete